What is involved?
We have a variety of funding programs available including opportunities for full tuition scholarship or reimbursement from employers. To get started, we’ll make arrangements for your:
How is the course laid out?
What is the curriculum?
Classroom InstructionPrinted Materials
Range TrainingRange instruction will include training in the coupling and uncoupling of combination units as well as the aspects of placing a commercial motor vehicle in operation.
Road TrainingOperation of the commercial motor vehicle in the inner city, farm to market roads, interstate highways and will include the skills in passing, turning, backing and parking the commercial motor vehicle.
The CDL training program will consist of classroom, range and behind the wheel (BTW) activities.
The classroom, range and behind the wheel instruction will include:
- Instruction in the laws and regulations pertaining to the interstate and intrastate commercial motor vehicle operation.
- Both classroom and range training will be conducted on the proper completion of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle and equipment inspections.
- Range training will cover the aspects of placing a commercial motor vehicle in operation.
- The proper use of different motor vehicle controls and emergency equipment.
- Operation of the commercial motor vehicle in the inner city, farm to market roads, interstate highways and will include the skills in passing, turning, backing and parking the commercial motor vehicle.
- Extensive training will be given in the skills of braking and slowing the vehicle by means other than the application of the service brakes.
This class will teach you everything you need to know to gain your CDL license. CDL drivers are among the most in-demand workers in our market currently and there are many career opportunities available after acquiring your license with a number of employers locally and nationwide.